- Adobe photo editing, video editing, and design software
- Social media suites & management software
- Google Analytics certification
- HubSpot email marketing certification
- Canon and Nikon proficient
- Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas editing software
- AP style and copywriting
Influence & Co. — St. Louis, MO
PR Content Strategist and Editor January 2018 — March 2020 (position eliminated in round of budget cuts)
•Develop and implement thought leadership and content strategies for clients.
•Pitch clients as expert sources to journalists.
•Write and distribute press releases.
The Columbia Tribune — Columbia, MO
City Government, Business, K-12 Education Reporter January 2017 — December 2017
•Cover local government, business and K-12 education.
•Utilize social media and multimedia to tell stories across platforms.
•Collaborate with photographers, editors and graphics editors on visual elements to accompany stories in print and online.
News-Press & Gazette — St. Joseph, MO
Public Safety Reporter March 2016 — December 2016
•Cover crime, public safety trends, and police and fire administration in St. Joseph, Missouri and northwestern Missouri, responding to breaking news daily.
•Shoot and edit photos and video for the news organization’s website and its Fox and NBC affiliate TV broadcasts.
•Write stories daily for the newspaper, its website and its monthly magazine.
•Write scripts to accompany multimedia stories for the TV station’s broadcasts.
The Columbia Tribune — Columbia, MO
Higher Education Reporter June 2015 – January 2016 (position eliminated in round of budget cuts)
•Cover local higher education institutions — including the University of Missouri System, Columbia College and Stephens College.
•Utilize social media in reporting and to build relationships with sources on the beat. • Collaborate with photographers, editors and graphics editors on visual elements to accompany stories in print and online.
The Fulton Sun — Fulton, MO
Reporter, Photographer and Designer July 2014 – June 2015
•Cover general assignment news as well as news on my beats, including Callaway Energy Center nuclear plant, crime, k-12 education and city government in southern Callaway County.
•Shoot photos to accompany stories and produce photo packages.
•Produce multimedia elements for the newspaper’s website.
•Edit and design the newspaper multiple times each week using InDesign.
• Publish content produced to FultonSun.com and promote content via the newspaper’s social media.
KTVI/KPLR — St. Louis, MO
Intern January – May 2014
• Assist the TV station’s web team as they produce and publish content.
The Journal, Webster University Student Newspaper — Webster Groves, MO
Editor-in-Chief May 2013 – May 2014
•Develop and maintain a vision for the paper while managing editors and staff writers.
•Collaborate with the business department on efforts to increase readership. •Create and distribute a weekly email newsletter using MailChimp.
•Produce multimedia stories on deadline.
Managing Editor May 2012 – May 2013
• Manage editors and staff writers at the paper.
• Design and layout the paper’s front page each week. • Develop multimedia stories on deadline.
Copy Editor January 2012 – May 2012
• Communicate with section editors and reporters. • Edit copy for AP style, grammar and story flow.
Staff Reporter August 2011 – December 2011
• Pitch and write stories on deadline.
• Shoot photos and video to accompany stories online.
Research Assistant August 2012 – December 2013 Webster Groves, MO Don Corrigan, author, journalist and editor
• Research and copy edit for Don Corrigan’s book, “Environmental Missouri.”
Volunteer May 2011 – October 2013 Webster Groves, MO Webster Groves Farmers Market